Dentist - Waupun & Beaver Dam, WI
Thomas W. Katz, DDS
Dr. Katz’s motto is “plan for the future without forgetting to enjoy today to the fullest,” and it’s easy to see how this approach fits right in with his dentistry. He is proud to work closely with Dr. Metzger and Dr. Truckenbrod in order to help patients enjoy brighter smiles and lead better lives.
Where Did You Study Dentistry?
Dr. Thomas Katz graduated from Marquette University School of Dentistry in 1977 and began his dental practice in Columbus, Wisconsin the same year. Additionally, he embraced CEREC technology in 1998 by purchasing the CEREC 2. As one of only a handful of CEREC users at the time, he was a pioneer in creating and placing anterior crowns with regularity. With the introduction of CEREC 3 and subsequent Cerec 3D, combined with Dr. Katz’s passion and enthusiasm for pushing the limits of CEREC technology, true one-day smile makeovers became a reality. A cosmetic and complex case practitioner, Dr. Katz has given numerous lectures on anterior esthetics and continues to pioneer the way to new ideas for helping patients achieve their dream of a new beautiful smile in a few hours.
- Member of American Dental Association
- Member of Wisconsin Dental Association
- Member of Dane County Dental Society
- Member of Columbia, Dodge, Marquette Dental Society (Past president and officer at all levels)
- Member of the Dane County Dental Study Club
- Anterior & Posterior CEREC Restorations
- Great Lakes Education Center: Advanced Dental Technology Through CEREC
- Vident Vita CEREC Stain & Glaze
- Mercer Mastery Programs
- Clinical Research Associates: Surgical Placement of Implants
- Conscious Sedation For The Dental Practitioner
What is Your Favorite Part of Dentistry?
Dr. Katz enjoys staying on the cutting edge of dental technology through his work. For instance, he enjoys utilizing new 3D digital X-rays at Dentistry of Wisconsin because they allow him to place dental implants in less time and with greater predictability. Our patients greatly appreciate this improved approach!
What Do You Do Outside of the Dental Office?
Dr. Katz has three adult children named Tom, Liz, and Willie. His hobbies include hunting, fishing, and simply enjoying the outdoors to the best of his ability.